Revolutionary Wireless Technology
Introducing airFiber®, a truly revolutionary Point-to-Point wireless platform from Ubiquiti Networks.
Housed in a compact, highly efficient form factor, airFiber delivers amazing wireless gigabit+ performance, low latency, and long range. airFiber ushers in a new era in price-disruptive wireless technology ideal for carrier backhaul, building-to-building enterprise use, or public safety applications.
Efficient by Design
Every detail of airFiber was designed and engineered by the Ubiquiti R&D Team. From the silicon chip up to the innovative split-antenna architecture, the Ubiquiti R&D Team created airFiber to deliver superior throughput with efficiency. airFiber was purpose-built to create a high performance backhaul.
Plug and Play Deployment
Based on Ubiquiti’s innovative and intuitive airOS®, the airFiber Configuration Interface enables quick deployment. With installation efficiency in mind, the mechanical design allows easy installation by one person. A two-person installation crew can effectively install and align an airFiber link.
Designed for Freedom
airFiber operates in worldwide, license-free, 24 or 5 GHz frequencies. Anyone around the world can purchase and operate airFiber without any special permits, paperwork, or added licensing costs. Users are free to locate, deploy, and operate airFiber practically anywhere they choose (subject to local country regulations).
Best-in-Class Performance and Range
Our INVICTUS custom silicon dramatically improves wireless performance. The AF-24HD model supports the dense modulation rates, up to 256QAM, that are required for high data rates, up to 2 Gbps.
The airFiber AF-24HD features the most powerful automatic compensation for path loss degradation due to rain fade, so it provides the best range among 24 GHz products and allows for constellation threshold extension.
Robust Mechanical Assembly
An independent lab has tested the airFiber mechanical assembly to meet MIL-STD-810G, a rigorous United States MIL-STD (Military Standard) that defines a variety of challenging environmental conditions.
The mechanical assembly has also undergone vibration testing using an extended version of IEC 60068-2-6, an environmental standard of the IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission).
- Operating Frequency: 24.05 – 24.25 GHz
- Dimensions: 593 x 768 x 370 mm (23.35 x 30.24 x 14.57")
- Weight: 17.3 kg (38.14 lb), Mount Included
- Max. Power Consumption: 50 W
- Power Supply: 50V, 1.2A PoE GigE Adapter (Included)
- Power Method: Passive Power over Ethernet (42-58VDC)
- Certifications: CE, FCC, IC
- Wind Loading: 770 N @ 200 km/hr (170 lbf @ 125 mph)
- Wind Survivability: 200 km/hr (125 mph)
- Mounting: Pole Mount Kit (Included)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 55° C (-40 to 131° F)
- (8) Status LEDs: Data Port Speed, Data Port Link/Activity, Configuration Port Speed, Configuration Port Link/Activity, GPS Synchronization, Modulation Mode, Master/Slave, RF Status
- (1) Two-Digit LED Display Calibrated in dBm
- Data Port: (1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Port
- Configuration Port: (1) 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Auxiliary Port: (1) RJ-12, Alignment Tone Port
- Maximum Throughput: 2 Gbps
- Maximum Range: 20+ km
- Packets per Second: > 1 Million
- Encryption: 128-Bit AES
- Uplink/Downlink Ratio: 50% Fixed
airFiber AF-24HD Radio Frequency
- GPS: GPS Clock Synchronization
- EIRP: ~33 dBm (FCC/IC), ~20 dBm (CE)
- Frequency Accuracy: ±2.5 ppm without GPS Synchronization; ±0.2 ppm with GPS Synchronization
- Channel Bandwidth: 100 MHz
- Operating Channels: 24.1 GHz, 24.2 GHz
- Modulation: 256QAM MIMO, 64QAM MIMO, 16QAM MIMO, QPSK MIMO, QPSK SISO, ¼x QPSK SISO
- Integrated Split Antenna
- TX Gain: 33 dBi
- RX Gain: 40 dBi
- Beamwidth: < 3.5°
- Front-to-Back Ratio: 70 dB
- Polarity: Dual-Slant Polarization
- Cross-Polarity Isolation: > 28 dB